Councillors: Chris Williams (Chairman) Simon Blackmore, Patrick Sullivan, Corinne Cranham and Margaret Harkin
Ward Councillor David Hitchiner and Mark Hearne (Parish Clerk) plus one resident
- Apologies for absence – Councillor Richard Lloyd
- Declarations of interest and written requests for dispensation … Councillor Simon Blackmore declared a Non-DPI against Agenda item 8.2 (Planning Re-Consultation 192672).
- Open Session
- West Mercia Police were unable to join the meeting.
Ward Councillor David Hitchiner – Ward Councillor Hitchiner reported on the following key issues.
- Recommendations which emerged from Herefordshire Council’s Transport Strategy, including the cancellation of the western by-pass and southern relief road, will be considered by the full Cabinet.
- Herefordshire Council are currently consulting on the budget for 2021/22 and it is expected that there will be a shortfall of circa £16m which will have a consequential impact on the services that can be delivered next year.
- Work continues in attempting to resolve the flooding issue on the Bridge Sollers Road.
- Planning Consultation 1192672 (Proposed development of 10 dwellings adjacent to the Town House) is expected to be considered by the Planning Committee in January 2021.
- Lengthsman’s Report – The Lengthsman reported that work on a number of outstanding issues had been undertaken on the 9th December 2020 with further activity planned for later in the week
- Issues Raised by Local Residents – Concern was expressed over the extent of building works that are ongoing behind the garage adjacent to EFL and it was suggested that this breach of existing planning approvals. It was RESOLVED that the Clerk brings this to the attention of the Enforcement Officer at Herefordshire Council.
- Minutes of previous meeting … 12th October 2020. It was RESOLVED to adopt the minutes of the above meeting and they will be signed by the Chairman in due course.
- Clerk Correspondence
- A resident had raised about the condition of the C1196 which had been referred to the Locality Steward who reported that there were no funds in the system to facilitate any resurfacing work in the foreseeable future. Councillors also agreed that the failure of property owners to seal the surface of their driveways will lead to the accumulation of water on the highway and contribute to further damage to the road surface. It was considered that this might apply to a newly developed property on Brampton Road and, if this was proven, it was RESOLVED that the Clerk writes to the property owner asking that the necessary remedial action be taken.
- The Footpaths Officer for the Wyeside Group Parish Council had reported a collapsed bridge at Chilstone and a damaged style near Preston-on-Wye. It was RESOLVED that the Clerk refer the collapsed bridge to the Locality Steward to enquire whether it could be repaired from the additional funding made available to Balfour Beatty for this type of work.
- A resident expressed a safety concern arising from parents dropping off and collecting their children from Madley Primary School. The resident suggested that the installation of yellow lines may help alleviate the problem but Councillors disagreed fearing it might just move the problem elsewhere.
- Finance … The bank balance at 30st November 2020 in the Treasurers Account was noted as £33, 673.25. As at 30 November 2020 there was £179.19 in the Business Bank Instant Account.
- It was RESOLVED to make the following payments:
- Clerk’s salary (November 2020) in accordance with the employment contract.
- PAYE (November 2020)- £133.20
- Postage – £1.83
- Printing – £26.80
- Defibrillator battery pack – £174.00
- Dore Community Transport – £500.00
- Countrywide Maintenance – £70.39
- Lengthsman – £305.65
- PKF Littlejohn – £360.00
- Smartwater – £3759.36
- Section 106 monies –The Chairman reported that Brightwells have settled the invoice from Herefordshire Council for the traffic calming measures on Stoney Street.
- Financial Monitoring 2020/21 – The Clerk reported that even with monies set aside for Smartwater (£3k) and outdoor gym equipment (£3k) it was anticipated that the level of reserves at year end will be in the region of £21k.
- It was RESOLVED to make the following payments:
- Planning – Comments on applications to be determined by Herefordshire Council.
- Planning Consultation -203602 – Country Cut Salon, Brampton Road, Madley, Herefordshire. Change of use of an existing unisex hairdressing salon into a dwelling with associated 2 no parking spaces. Works to include an extension (porch). Following discussion, Councillors agreed to support the proposals set out in the planning application and it was RESOLVED that the Clerk notify the LPA accordingly.
- Planning Re-Consultation 192672 – Land adjacent B4352, Madley, Herefordshire. Proposed residential development of 10 dwellings. Councillors confirmed that they had no further comments to those already submitted and it was RESOLVED that the Clerk advise the LPA accordingly.
- Parish Council Objectives 2021/22 – During discussion each of the agreed objectives for 2021/22 were assigned a lead Councillor or Councillors.
- Smartwater – The Clerk reported that the Smartwater team will soon post the kits to all households in the parish.
- Lengthsman Working Group – Councillor Harkin guided Councillors through the Lengthsman Action Log and it was RESOLVED that the Clerk seek an update from the Locality Steward on the timescale for jetting the pipe adjacent to Gitnal Farm.
- Recreation Ground – Councillor Cranham reported that three quotes for the outdoor gym and fencing will be presented to the Parish Council at the meeting scheduled for January 2021.
- Footpaths Officer Report – The Footpaths Officer was not present and no report was provided.
- Traffic & road issues – Concern was raised over the increasing prevalence of large HGVs travelling up Brampton Road from the junction with the B4352. It was RESOLVED that the Clerk write to Allensmore nurseries asking them to remind their delivery drivers to access their site from a northerly direction.
- Approval of Standing Orders & Financial Regulations – It was RESOLVED to approve both the Standing Orders and Financial Regulations.
- Matters raised for next scheduled meeting on Monday 11th January 2021– None.
The meeting closed at 19.55