VACANCIES FOR PARISH COUNCILLOR CASUAL VACANCY
Madley Parish Council has 2 Casual Vacancies and wishes to recruit people onto the council. Could this be you?
- Do you want to serve your Community?
- Do you have time or expertise which could benefit your Community?
- Do you want to make a difference to all those around you?
- Are you concerned about your local area?
- Do you want to represent the views of local people?
If you would like to make a difference and be involved in shaping the future of your local Community, why not join the Parish Council? We welcome people of all ages to join us but would be particularly keen to hear from younger members of the community who currently aren’t represented very well on our Parish Council.
If you are interested, would like more information or an application form, please email the Clerk – firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility Criteria – you must meet at least one of the following four qualifications:
- You are registered as a local government elector for the parish;
- You have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the parish during the whole of the 12 months before the day of appointment;
- Your main or only place of work during the 12 months prior to the day of appointment has been in the parish;
- You have lived in the parish or within three miles of it during the whole of the 12 months before the day of appointment.
A discussion about this will be held at the next meeting of the Parish Council which will be at 7pm on 11th October in the Parish Hall.