Councillors are summoned to attend a Parish Council meeting on Monday 13th September 2021 at 19.00 hrs. The meeting will be held in the Parish Hall.
- Election of the Chairman.
- Co-option of a new Parish Councillor.
- To receive apologies for absence.
- To receive declarations of interest and written requests for dispensation.
- Open Session
- Brief verbal report from West Mercia Police.
- Brief verbal report from Ward Councillor David Hitchiner.
- Brief verbal report from the Lengthsman
- To receive views of local residents on parish matters
- To Approve Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting of the 12th July 2021
- Clerk Update and correspondence.
- To approve retrospectively outstanding payments within budget allocation.
- Clerk’s salary (July & August 2021) in accordance with his employment contract.
- Clerk’s contractual expenses in accordance with his employment contract.
- PAYE (July & August 2021) – £266.40
- Lengthsman – £315.27
- Countrywide Grounds Maintenance – £70.39
- To approve outstanding payments within budget allocation.
- Lengthsman (LS01515 & LS01520)- (£179.40).
- Annual Play Equipment Inspection (00418) – £63.40
- To note bank balance and financial reconciliation.
- Participatory Budget – To provide the authority to the Finance Working Group to begin work on introducing a Participatory Budget.
- Planning… To comment on applications to be determined by Herefordshire Council.
- Planning Consultation – 213154 – Red Lion Inn, Madley, Hereford. Erection of illuminated and non-illuminated signs to the exterior of the building. Advertisement Consent.
- Planning Consultation – 213155 – Red Lion Inn, Madley, Hereford. Erection of illuminated and non-illuminated signs to the exterior of the building. Listed Building Consent
- Lengthsman Working Group – To appoint new members to the Working Group and consider current and future issues.
- Recreation Ground – An update on any current issues and to consider any action arising from the recent inspection of the play equipment.
- Brief report from the Footpaths Officer and consider action on any issues raised.
- Highways – An update on current issues including feedback on the recent meeting with Clive Hall (Acting Assistant Director Highways and Transport)
- Madley Moat – To consider the arrangements and action necessary for restoring Madley Moat.
- Parish Council Vacancy – To note that the Parish Council has been given approval by Herefordshire Council to co-opt someone to fill the current vacancy.
- Recruitment of a new Clerk/RFO – To provide an update on progress in recruiting a new Parish Clerk/RFO.
- Community Speed Watch (CSW) – To consider the work required to relaunch the CSW scheme.
- Madley Parish Council Facebook Page – To consider assigning sole administration rights to the new Clerk once appointed.
- Code of Conduct – To reaffirm the Parish Council’s adherence to Herefordshire Council’s Code of Conduct which sets out the standards of behaviour expected of all Parish Councillors.
- Community Engagement Policy – To review the Community Engagement Policy and initiate an action plan to reflect the full objectives of said policy.
- Parish Events
- To provide brief feedback on the rescheduled picnic.
- To provide a brief update on the planned fireworks event in November 2021.
- To provide brief feedback from the inaugural meeting of the Platinum Jubilee Working Group.
- To provide a rough order of cost of producing a Welcome Pack.
- Items for next agenda (no discussion)
- Reminder of date that the next Parish Council Meeting will be held on Monday 11th October 2021 @ 19.00hrs.
Signed: Mark Hearne
Date: 31 August 2021
 Cheques have already been submitted against these payments
 Treasurers Account (£1,709.43) & Bus Bank Account (£25,179.22)